- You have a WordPress instance in Windows with IIS.
- You upload a file. Its thumbnail is not shown in Media Library.
- You change the file permission. Its thumbnail now is shown correctly in Media Library.
- You upload another file and have to change the file permission manually again.
- How can we make WordPress automatically set the correct permission for new uploaded files?
- Ensure that the the Identity of Application pool that the website is running under is ApplicationPoolIdentity.
- Execute below commands as Administrator
icacls "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com" /grant "IUSR":(OI)(CI)F /T
icacls "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\domain.com" /grant "IIS_IUSRS":(OI)(CI)F /T
3. Open IIS Manager, click on your website, click Authentication, click Anonymous Authentication (which should be the only one enabled), click Edit, select Application pool identity if it is not selected, click OK.
How to change a WordPress website’s domain name?
- Open the wp-config.php file.
- Add two lines to the file, right before /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */:
- Bulk edit the posts content if needed.
- You have a source code folder and want to know the number of source lines of code.
- Right click Start icon, click on Command Prompt (Admin) or Windows Powershell (Admin)
- Assume that the source code folder location is C:\Users\admin\Downloads\test, type below commands and press Enter
3. Assume that the source code file extension is .py, type below commands and press Enter
type *.py | Measure-Object -line
- You have a web application the backup of which needs to be created daily.
- You have a web application the content of which needs to be replicated daily.
- You have data folder the content of which needs to be augmented daily.
- Copying from one folder contents to another folder:
robocopy E:\inetpub\wwwroot\website.domain.com E:\inetpub\wwwroot\backup.domain.com /e
/e Copies subdirectories. This option includes empty directories.
- Moving from one folder contents to another folder:
robocopy E:\inetpub\wwwroot\website.domain.com E:\inetpub\wwwroot\archive.domain.com /move /e
/move Moves files and directories, and deletes them from the source after they are copied.
- Granting Full permission to a user or group
icacls "E:\inetpub\wwwroot\website.domain.com\App_Data" /grant "IUSR":(OI)(CI)F /T
icacls "E:\inetpub\wwwroot\website.domain.com\App_Data" /grant "IIS_IUSRS":(OI)(CI)F /T
CI Container Inherit - This flag indicates that subordinate containers will inherit this ACE (access control entry).
OI Object Inherit - This flag indicates that subordinate files will inherit the ACE.
OI and CI only apply to new files and sub-folders).
F Full Control
/T Apply recursively to existing files and sub-folders.
- Deleting and creating a folder
rmdir "E:\inetpub\wwwroot\website.domain.com\Temp\" /S /Q
- Recurcively deleting all specific files in a folder and its sub-folders
del /s *.log
/s delete all the files in the sub-folders.
del /s /f /q *.*
/f force deletion of read-only files.
/q do not ask to confirm when deleting via wildcard.
- Removing a drive letter from a volume
mountvol F: /D
/D remove the drive letter from the selected volume.
- Copy (mirror) entire data from one drive to another, including file and folder permissions.
robocopy E:\ G:\ /MIR /COPYALL /ZB /W:1 /R:2 /XO
robocopy E:\ G:\ /TEE /LOG+:F:\robolog.txt /MIR /COPYALL /ZB /W:1 /R:2 /XO
E:\ - Source folder. This can be a UNC path.
G:\ - Destination folder. This can be a UNC path.
/TEE - Display the output of the command in the console window and write it to a log file.
/LOG+:F:\robolog.txt - Write the logs to F:\robolog.txt. The + sign means appending the content to the log file.
/MIR - Copy all files and subfolders, remove files and folders from the destination if they no longer exist on the source.
/COPYALL - Copy all of the NTFS permissions and attributes (security permissions, timestamps, owner info, etc.)
/ZB - Use restartable mode when copying files. If a file is in use, retry after a set amount of time (see /W:1 and /R:2). If access is denied then try to copy in backup mode.
/W:1 - Wait for 1 second between retries when copying files.
/R:2 - The number of retries on failed copies.
/XO - eXclude Older files/folders if the destination file or folder exists and has the same date.
If destination file exists and is the same date or newer than the source - don't bother to overwrite it.
- Augment data (make an incremental backup) from one drive to another, including file and folder permissions.
robocopy E:\ G:\ /E /COPYALL /ZB /W:1 /R:2 /XO /XX
robocopy E:\ G:\ /TEE /LOG+:F:\robolog2.txt /E /COPYALL /ZB /W:1 /R:2 /XO /XX
/E - Copy Subfolders, including Empty Subfolders.
/XX - eXclude "eXtra" files and dirs (present in destination but not source). This will prevent any deletions from the destination.