So you’ve plugged your USB to microUSB cable into your computer and Android phone and are ready to start downloading files.
Staring intently at your screen, you wait for a drive, a window — something, anything — where you can drag-and-drop your files, but it just doesn’t come.
Well, chances are, you are missing one simple yet critical but step.
Here’s how to transfer files to your Android phone:
- Connect your Android phone to your computer using the microUSB to USB cable.
- If you are using a PC, you will see an installation bubble pop up in the bottom right of your screen. Wait for the computer to successfully complete installation.
- The critical step: On your Android phone, pull down the notification window (aka ‘window shade’) and tap USB connected.
- A notification window will appear. Tap Mount. Your phone will enter USB storage mode.
- Find the removable storage drive. On a PC, navigate to My Computer and look for a new removable storage drive. On a Mac, the drive will appear on your desktop.
- Drag-and-drop the desired file(s) to the drive.
- In your phone’s notification window, tap Turn off USB storage.
- Unplug your phone and you’re all set.
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)