Why do I need to learn about computer vision?
Computer vision has become more and more interesting. Image recognition and autonomous driving are examples of breakthrough achievements in the field.
Nowadays a key skill that is often required from a software developer is the ability to use computer vision algorithms and tools to solve real-world problems related to images and videos.
What can I do after finishing learning about applied computer vision?
You will be to create software that could recognize recognize a face or transform a picture of a person from young age to old age.
That sounds fun! What should I do now?
– this Rafael C. Gonzalez and Richard E. Woods (2018). Digital Image Processing. 3rd Edition. Pearson book, and
– this Richard Szeliski (2022). Computer Vision: Algorithms and Applications. Springer book.
After that please
– audit these Deep Learning Specialization courses and
– read this Francois Chollet (2021). Deep Learning with Python. Manning Publications book at the same time.
After that please read this Ian Goodfellow et al. (2016). Deep Learning. The MIT Press book.
- Deep Learning.
- Artificial Neural Networks.
- Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs).
- Object Detection.
- Face Recognition.
- YOLO Algorithm.
- Neural Style Transfer.
- Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs).
After finishing learning about computer vision please click Topic 24 – Introduction to Nature Language Processing to continue.